A Ground Plot of the Town of Rye, a copy made by William Wybourn in 1728 of an original drawn by Samuel Jeake in 1667.
This is a street plan of the borough, with conventional houses drawn in perspective view, but with careful drawings of the principal buildings, guns and lights. The compass point shows north to the bottom left. The Strandgate, outside which Anthony Cocke’s tenement stood, is to the right of the map (The Strand is marked no. 17).