The first bathing establishment was founded in 1822 by the Earl of Brancas , sub-prefect of the town. This property, surrounded by a garden with its elegant colonnade, is considered the first casino in Dieppe. Marie-Caroline, Duchess of Berry, daughter of King Charles X , attracts people of the court and many artists, such as Rossini, in Dieppe.
The Brighton Chain Pier was opened on 25 November 1823. The pier was primarily intended as a landing stage for packet boats to Dieppe, until they transferred to the more sheltered Newhaven. It was different from typical piers because, rather than being built on stilts, the deck of the pier was suspended from chains attached to pillars
After several studies about the project of drinking water distribution in Rouen, the town assigns in this treaty the concession of water supply to M. Easton, Rivolta and Green in 1864. The object of the concession covers the distribution and sale of water for public and private needs.
He leaves his bathing machines in trust to keep them in repair and to pay for the board, lodging and education of Edward Hall, the son of Ann Marchant, who is living at the same Brighton address as Kittle.
On November 11, 1939, King George VI responds to a telegram sent by Albert Lebrun in these terms : ” We both have reason to be reassured that the joint efforts of the peoples of Britain and France will be successful and Europe will be safe from the brutal violence and that peace will be established on sound foundations of freedom and justice.”
Installed at Le Houlme since 1883 on the site of an old mill, Henry and Alfred Butler associated with leaving Charles and Thomas Holliday extend the site with the construction of new workshops, a working class city and two employers’ homes
The Brighton, the fourth vessel to bear this name was one of the first turbine-driven liners on the Dieppe-Newhaven route. Built at the Dumbarton shipyard in Scotland, it had two propellers and ran at 6,000 horsepower.
Even in clothes made from a particular type of high-quality fabric made in the Normandy town of Elbeuf, “the art of dressing well” was regarded as synonymous with the art of wearing English-style clothes, whether for sports (golf, tennis and horse-racing), in town or on formal occasions.
Valentin Rawle was the first person to set up water-driven spinning Jennies in the Rouen area. They were visited by Napoleon himself. Rawle had opened his first cotton mill, holding 6,000 spindles on two floors, in 1798.